View Single Post
08-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Can we please not turn this thread into an argument?

Everyone gets a chance to contribute their ideas and opinions. Up until page 3 everyone was doing just that. Keep your head cool and do not take things out of context. Nothing that was said was inappropriate or meant as an insult as everyone sees things differently.

As I mentioned many times, I do not mind working with one or a group of designers as a collaborative action, whether they are members of TF or not. At the very beginning I stated that one of the reason I purchased the community is because of a great talent pool behind it. Undoubtedly I believe we have our stars here who might have given up on the community a while ago and are not active (doesn't mean they are not reachable). Just as strongly I believe we have able folks who posted in this thread as well who might design something that everyone will love equally. It is exactly why I started this thread out of long-term thinking even before the forum was even sold.

I also know that we have amazing designers as part of staff. Each of these guys have strengths and weaknesses, just as any designer, and I would have LOVED to get the chance to work with all of them, and even more other members who are not part of staff. Unfortunately my pockets are not that deep and I had to draw the line somewhere of what I was ready to spend playing with concepts and testing the waters. I can keep on doing that, but then I will just burn through all the available capital with no particular results at the end. I chose to come to you, the community, for further ideas and suggestions, as well as recommendations. I do not want to hear any more arguments. They are not doing anyone any favors nor are they helping me make a decision, while every opinion does help.

If some of you feel gracious enough to volunteer (as Apple kindly did already) with a concept of your own, please do contact me.

If you can keep throwing recommendations of talented creative designers who you have full confidence and trust in delivering a world-class result, then keep doing that in this thread.

If you want to continue the drama and arguments, I can suggest a couple of other forums that are dedicated to that. I am here to rebuild and grow TalkFreelance into a quality resource/destination, I expect nothing but maturity from everyone who wants to help us get there, for the benefit of all of us.

In the meantime, I have received a number of other terrific recommendations of outside to TF designers who seem able, and I will be contacting some of them who I like the most for their quotes and work availability in coming days.

Thanked by 2 users:
Gatt (08-26-2010), Village Genius (08-26-2010)