View Single Post
12-07-2009, 02:27 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Back, I just needed to cool off a little bit. I know, I know, I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone.

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Staff won't edit posts unless they break the rules, you know that. If you believe otherwise then you're clearly mistaken and if you think it was OK for you to do it then that would've been just another thing to teach you about. I hope you just wrote that for dramatic effect and don't actually believe we would edit a post "to [our] liking or whatever".

I know they wouldn't be edited or whatever, it was sarcasm. Nothing to be taught.

The "crap" that Peter gets away with is nothing in comparison to what you did. You're comparing apples to oranges... no, to zebras. Please stop harking on that as the reason for doing the things that you did. If that truly is the reason, then quite frankly you were wrong to equate your two's actions.
Peter was punished for the things which broke the rules. If you saw anything at all which didn't align with that, you were on staff to make such errors known to us (even regular members have the "report" button to use!). Not once did I see a "Peter has done this, so I gave him an infraction" come from you—if he's such a naughty little boy as you say, why didn't you?
As much as he likes to be annoying, he doesn't often break the rules and seems to know very well where the line is drawn. Unlike yourself. P.S. He called Zee more than a dick in public.

Perhaps I'm confused, but, him calling Big Zee a dick (or worse) in public view, is not as bad as me throwing some harsh sarcasm your way? He out right called the Owner names or worse, in the public eye... I just threw some sarcasm with analogy your way, regarding how I saw him being handled/dealt with. Regarding moderating him, I had given him an infraction before. But I wasn't sure what all to do with him per se, because at the time, you seemed to be handling him. And I heard you don't like the stuff you're handling, to be messed with. So I backed off, but maybe I shouldn't have.

Absolutely, not having you around is a loss but one we're prepared to put up with because of the gains in not having you. If there was any chance that you could regain our trust, you'd be back on staff in a heartbeat. But it would be a lot of work to gain that and by recent posts, you don't seem willing.

Regain trust? I don't think trust is the issue here though, it's merely my ranting off at you in the wrong way. I didn't attempt to hack the board, or whatever. And just because I'm openly stating my side of the story, in my own words, doesn't mean that I'm not sincere and not willing to regain anything to be back on staff. It's the fact that I verbalized my thoughts and feelings, in a pissed off manner.

I'm not sure who you think will be deleting your posts? Me? Open, civil, discussion is perfectly fine. You know that. Also, we don't close threads just because someone asks. Again, you know that. There is no harm having this thread open, and if there comes such a time as the posts in here become an issue then perhaps we will reconsider. That's just a part of moderating discussions which I figured you'd already know by now.

The deleting of threads remark, was sarcasm again, that's all. But there were posts closed and etc before though. And even some by request. I don't need taught anything though, thanks. LOL!

Absolutely and it's a shame you didn't.
I know. I think after this, I'm done stating anything on the matter though. Everyone knows how much I like TF and want to improve it and etc, and I still feel that way about this place. Sometimes I just need to cool down first, before expressing my concerns, thoughts, and feelings. My apologizes to everyone again.