View Single Post
09-24-2008, 04:20 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by dr avalanche View Post
I'm not 100% sure. I know originally it was going to be a stamp design that would be on the tag of the products the client makes ( i believe they make hand made crafts with a horror theme)

Originally I was gonna make it very abstract so it would work well for a small stamp design. But then the client said they didn't want the fact that it may be used on as something small to dictate the design. So I'm trying to balance it between something engaging and something that can be used shrunken down.

But I think it may be used for a manner of things
i wouldn't worry about size as an issue. i assume this is done via some illustration/vector method - as long as you keepy your strokes 1-2pts in width you should be fine for scaling. IE your second concept has at most 1.25-1.5 pt stroke, so scaled down it could be too thin to print, but otherwise i think you're fine as far as scalability goes. prints not my speciality, so anyone can correct me if i'm going outside my area.

as far as style/layout goes options 1 & 2 feel like the most usable. they have this packaging type of feeling to them. their shape is most comparable to a square, where the other 2 are more related to a rectangle which can interfere with printing.

the ghost is the mascot, so it's what everyone brands to the company, so it'd be great if you could advance him a little further.