View Single Post
04-22-2008, 04:35 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

JulesR is on a distinguished road

Old

With all due respect, that's a completely ignorant attitude to have, and you just further reinforce the fact that most people assume this is the "norm" and that this is how things are. Just because it "works", doesn't mean it works well, or that it's a good service. A quick google search shows the following:

Results 1 - 10 of about 137,000 for dreamhost sucks. (0.28 seconds)
Moot point? I think not. The word of others speaks volumes. OK, that result doesn't necessarily point out that overselling alone is what makes Dreamhost "suck", but I guarantee you that overselling will be the primary cause of poor service and performance for all of their customers, because it's the primary cause for every host on the planet.

EDIT: If you really wanna see how bad Dreamhost is, and how badly they oversell, I urge you to read the following site which actually gives you the facts and figures:
http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2...ks-at-hosting/

Overselling works because it exploits the ignorance of the client. They don't know what overselling is and why it causes problems, so the host can get away with it. Hopefully my guides will educate others so they can make their own decision as to whether or not it matters to them.