04-18-2008, 07:55 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Ok, I've recently tried going with a host: www.Xzorbix.com and they have HORRIBLE support. They said instant setup (waited 3 days for them to even accept my payment), then they said 24/7 support (tickets and forums didn't work). So when I asked for a refund... well... no response. Best part is the owner was posting on the forums and didn't bother replying to my topic.

ANYWAYS...

I'm looking for a good setup (at least 1GB space and a fair amount of bandwidth (no unlimited)) with great support. It doesn't have to be 24/7, but I'd like a response within a reasonable about of time. I'm also looking for a great domain provider.

I think I may go with NDU for hosting, they have nice staff. But I just want to find out some more good solutions before I make a move. Don't want a repeat of my last incident.
Hello,

I'd recommend choosing a web host you know who have been around for a while and there are valued reviews about them. I'd seriously take into consideration how long the company you choose from here has been in business and the experience behind the company. You say you don't want to run into anymore complications so I highly suggest you do some research about the company and see how long the review for any of the businesses on here have been published since.

Good luck in finding the right provider. There are some good hosts on here and there are many not spoken of on here also, I suggest visiting WebHostingTalk to ask around where you'll be guaranteed more responses from reliable hosts