View Single Post
03-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Tyro is offline Tyro
Expertise:
Software:

Tyro is on a distinguished road

Old

Like everyone has said, the background is the main problem. It's too much to deal with 3'oclock in the morning when you're reading 'DevBody' :P

You use far to many effects on the text, remember that text is quite important. (i'm mainly talking about the right column) The fonts are poorly matched with each other and lets the design down.

The Top navigation is a bit too much in-your-face, make it a bit thinner and less blocky, also the font in there is a bit fuzzy, and be better as a simple font without serifs.

ok, so what about the Good things?

NONE!

JK :P (crushed you for a sec didn't i?)

The big bold icons on the side are great. They are colourful and dynamic. But again the complex font lets them down, you need s bold font to go with it. and more colour.

And the contrast in colours is really nice, white and black are always good together and black goes will with lime greens, and white goes well with any bright colour, so you're getting 3 colours that like to interact with eachother. Brilliant!

Is that enough?

That's my $150 worth, you can pay me late
so that's just the basics what's wrong with the design and what's right, in terms of being a website, you'll need a lot more information.