View Single Post
10-27-2007, 02:13 AM
patrickPaul is offline patrickPaul
Expertise:
Software:

patrickPaul is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to patrickPaul Send a message via MSN to patrickPaul Send a message via Yahoo to patrickPaul

Old

Adam,

Having been around since the very early days (working closely with Rob to develop this forum) I remember how things used to be run. Lots of competitions, people enjoying themselves, member welcomes that actually meant something, etc...

I do agree that the website's transfer to Big Zee was a big blow to the community. When a website is run primarily by it's owner, great things happen. However, when the site is purchased as a "business opportunity", it kills the mood.

One problem, which is prevalent in many internet communities, is the lack of maturity by some members. For some this is because of age, for others it's just... well just because. I realize that I, at one point, was an Administrator of this forum at 16 years old. Having come of age and worked "in the industry" I see now that a community like this shouldn't be run by people who have never actually had to work in a business environment. Having an adult discussion managed by someone just barely old enough to work in the US is very frustrating sometimes.

I have much more to write but I won't quite yet until I see how others respond.

Best Regards,
Patrick