View Single Post
09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Dante is offline Dante
Expertise:
Software:

Dante is on a distinguished road

Old

Visually, I really like it. The first one specifically.

But, if I saw that logo somewhere out there by itself (meaning away from it's web site), I wouldn't know what Nixism was from the logo. I'd know it offered some type of service based on the text 'where clients matter', but I wouldn't know what kind of service. This matters because the logo might be used for print ads, web ads, marketing materials, business cards etc.

Unless a logo is already visually associated with a business, the way Nike's swoosh icon is for one example, I think a logo should either say more, be a bit more obvious or perhaps lead somewhere.

In this case, I'd suggest that something more should be added so that when you see the logo, you know what type of business it is. This could entail something as simple as changing the catch phrase from 'where clients matter' to 'web hosting where clients matter'....or something of your choosing.

FWIW, again I like it visually. It fits in well with the main site, it's professional looking and pleasant in appearance. I also like the darker blue sub text because it caught my eye and made me look more closely to read what it said.

Just my $.02.