07-20-2007, 02:56 PM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
I'll get my deposit back for the house I'm renting. What's the point? It's a sum of money which the landlord can keep if things go wrong. During the normal course of action, if (or when) I terminate the tenancy just because I no longer want to live there, I get the deposit back.

I fail to see why a designer's deposit should be any different, unless the contract says otherwise. Note that I'm talking about a deposit, and not about labour charges.

Unless I misread, there was no deposit between the topic start and the client. Just two payments one for the product and one for the time spent creating the product.
Where do you live? Because if i were to terminate the tenancy of a house or apartment around here i do not get my deposit back. i would be breaking the agreement and contract.

The guy agreed to buy the site, gave craddock 40$ for the site and said he will pay another 40$ for changes, craddock did all the work and then the guy backed out, craddock should keep the 40$ for the work he did.