View Single Post
07-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by shadeshigeru View Post
Glad to hear it, $40 an hour for a freelancer is deffinantly within the correct pricing. If you read the quotes from the pm i had with 'Respected graphic Designer' then you'll see what i meant. I was seeing logos going for $15, websites for only $75 and all sorts of stuff like that, i think i might have died a little inside when i saw people with those prices being serious lol.
It totally depends on the quality of work. Earlier you stated:

Sorry if i sound rude, i apologize completely. But why in every single thread where you offer your services do you do them for absolutely dirt cheap? A logo shouldnt go for anything less than $200 ever, and that's b4 value pricing, and bare minimal design/planning. A website should never sell for under 500, again BARE MINIMUM. By offering your services so cheap, it not only hurts you but it hurts all designers, why pay $7,000 for a logo when this guy over here will do it for $15! Obviously wont be nearly as good, but hey it's $6,985 less, so it might be worth it?!?!?!?! Seriously....
That is a very silly comment to make, in my opinion. To say that a website should never sell bellow $500 is preposterous. It depends on the quality of the design and the coding.

Most sales on Talkfreelance are fairly low, but there are a few websites which sell for a lot of money. We also have some fantastic designers and coders. If you're willing to plash out a little, you'll get more than what you pay for.