07-06-2007, 10:39 PM
cbeley is offline cbeley
Expertise:
Software:

cbeley is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to cbeley Send a message via MSN to cbeley

Old

Originally Posted by Blue Ire View Post
Depends on the theme... not all of them are designed with enough flexibility in mind to allow widgets.
If you are willing to compromise slightly and use some creativity, there arn't many situations where you can't use wigits. You know, you can actually have as many sidebars that have wigits, as you want in your design, and the user can add or remove wigits from each of those sidebars. Anyways, I think wigits are a pretty cool idea and really arn't any extra work to use in layouts in my opinion...it's just messing with styling, which you should be doing wigits or no wigits.

Only thing I have with wigits is the Search wigit....it really needs to include an id with the input tag for submit so you can modify it :S Hopefully, they will address that in the next version (you can fix that temporily though in wigits.php).

Things get tricky with wigits if you want wildly different sidebar items, though, it seems more of a convieniencece to the client to have him or her be able to modify her sidebar easily, but, it's really there choice I guess.