View Single Post
06-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

To be honest, it either sounds like you (VI) don't know what Web 2.0 is all about or as you said, you're just in an annoyable mood. It's fine and dandy ranting about what Web 2.0 isn't (I dislike that just as much as you do) but to say that it doesn't exist is laughable. Strange how people hold conferences and the like, earn thousands if not millions using the term, if it does not exist.

To label something as a "web 2.0" design/logo/wp-theme/blah in the marketplace here, I agree, is just latching onto buzzwords (and misusing them!) for the sake of driving visitors to the sales topic. Nothing more. If the designers truely feel that their work is really "web 2.0" then just stand back and laugh to yourself as they broadcast their ignorance across the 'net. We all need a good chuckle.

P.S. I won't disagree that many of the 'web 2.0 technologies' have been around for a while, nay a long time, that much is true. But then again, is Web 2.0 just a bunch of technologies? Answers on a post card to salathe@talkfreelance.com (Not a real email!).

P.P.S. If I recall correctly (I'm too lazy to do a Google search) the term "Web 2.0" was introduced back in 2003. That, by internet standards, is indeed old.