View Single Post
06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
You're both as 'childish' (to use your words) as each other. This is a private matter between Seb and Xuxa with no need to bring this out into the public eye. So, Xuxa has trouble keeping to a deadline. Lesson learned, next time hire someone else if you're desperately needing the job done asap. There are tonnes of other coders who can keep to a deadline and you can find those without hitting Xuxa's otherwise good reputation on here.

You paid $21 and dragged the issue out for 3 weeks. For what, an hour's billable work? To be honest it seems you should have just cut your ties with Xuxa after a couple of days (ie, the missed first deadline) gotten a refund (forcibly or not) and be done with it. I'm sure both you and he would have been happier without this episode.

I don't usually get involved with topics like this but there seems to be somewhat of a trend recently to come here complaining about the most minor of incidents. Hire a real honest professional (and pay for that luxury) or be prepared to be bitten once or twice. But if you do get bitten, learn from that!
I'd personally rather know if someone if someone on this forum does not complete work efficiently. The fact remains that this job was sourced through TalkFreelance and I believe that it was necessary to warn people like yourself from people like Xuxa. I made this thread in the best interest of the community, and the forum is called 'TalkFreelance', and guess what, we're talking about a problem i've had with a freelancer.

Edit: The only reason it dragged on so long is because he kept reassuring me that it would be done the next day, or that he hadn't had a chance to upload, or something along those lines.

It's not just a deadlines he has a problem with. I mentioned 3 main things.

Also, he is professional though right? It says that in big text on his portfolio...or perhaps he's not.