05-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Lewis Malpas is offline Lewis Malpas
Expertise:
Software:

Lewis Malpas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lewis Malpas

Old  Clients.. Was I Unfair?

Hello,

I recently compelted a project, a banner to be specific. I charged my standard rate and completed the banner as promised in the same working day, After showing a few initial designs I started to animate the banner, I did everything the client asked for, this resulted in changing the animation completly around about five or six times, remodifying my original design that the client approved, I was still polite and made every minute change the client asked for, eventually I completed the banner. The client said he could not pay untill the following saturday, five days later. Saturday came and I was paid, however the client came back to me and again asked for modification, which I couldnt agree with due to these reasons,

1. I gave the client multiple chances to modify the banner.
2. I changed the banenr multiple times, this included starting the animation over and over again.
3. Late payment - taking into consideration the low cost of a banner, pp transfer fees and the exchange rate from $/£.
4. The client wanted me to change the text order, which I copied directly from his conversation.

The client wsn't very happy and stated he IM'ed me the correct order, besides me having evidence of his initial IM (Chatlog) However he accused me of editing the chatlog.

As far as the client goes, Im sure I offended him and he was fairly ignorant and rude to me, however do you think I was fair ?

Thanks Guys,
BoxedPixels.