View Single Post
04-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Guns can only bring about bad things, I don't see the point in owning one. I agree with Seb and think the US should ban them. At least this latest episode of gun violence in schools will bring the debate back.
There is more to it then whats been said here, to ban guns would mean removing a piece of the constitution. If they can do that to one of my rights they can do it to all of them. What would come next? My religion, my right of speech? That is not a door can can be opened to be able to amend the constitution like that.

One year ago someone tried to rob me, he had a knife I had a gun (he must not have noticed it on my belt), I just pulled it out and asked him how lucky he was feeling. He booked it. If I wasent allowed to own or carry a gun there is a chance I would be dead now. No point, eh?

If someone killed 30 people with a steak knife, would you try to make a law to only allow butter knives? I seriously doubt it, some crazy going and shotting a bunch of people doesnt even come close to warranting a full ban.