View Single Post
03-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
My blog got PR6 with only around 5 articles and as far as I can tell, only 3 backlinks. Might've been a fluke but being linked from very few high-PR sites might help your PR more than 100x low-PR links. But, I'm no SEO expert at all! To be honest though, I'd rather have a PR3 site with great content and tonnes of traffic buzzing around it than a PR6 which is pretty much dead on it's feet.
Thats true, there used to be an article on here that had the rough estimates of what PR you would get from having X number of links from different PR's - A few links from PR7's for example will give you a higher PR than 100 links from PR4's

Although PR seems really strange to me and in reality is a lot less important than people make it out to be as it actually means very little. It tells you the importance of the links linking to your site but it doesn't say a lot about your actually site and I don't believe it has any baring at all on your actual SE rank which when the giving the name "Page Rank" you'd think it would

Please, SEO guru's feel free to correct me - I'm just not a big fan of PR