View Single Post
03-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old  Looking for a Laptop

I'm scouting around looking for a new laptop, I have a few in mind, but I thought I'd post here for any recommendations on laptops anyone may have.

Price is not really an issue, as long as it's a decent laptop. Let's say $800-$2,500, I think is a decent range for the time being.

I'm also inclined to go for an AMD dual core processor, as opposed to an Intel equivalent. Maybe 2GB of RAM, and bluetooth would be nice so it can speak to my Sony W900i, but that's not crucial as I do have a USB bluetooth adapter.

However, what is crucial is battery life. I know HP sell ultra-battery packs which have a life of 10 hours. 10 hours is a bit overkill, but I think 5 would be an adequate life for what I'll be utilising it for. Although I suppose if I go for an Acer or similar, I could buy another battery pack as they tend to last for roughly 2.5 hours each, for a 6 cell battery pack.

Any help and recommendations will be much appreciated. Also, please keep in mind I live in the UK, and you can't get certain laptops in the UK that you can get in the US.