03-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Xi0s is offline Xi0s
Expertise:
Software:

Xi0s is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Xi0s

Old  Front Row for PC

Hey,

Im looking at setting up a coding/design team to produce a version of Mac's Front Row for PC domain.

I know there are other media center programs out, and they just arnt good enough. The best PC media center program, is microsofts one, however i still feel that an amalgamation of the PC style of options and functionality, with the Front Row style and simple controls could be acheived for the best media center experience.

Personally, I will run the project and make sure people keep in check, also i will run the website and produce a media remote (using either bluetooth which is what i would prefer, or i might have to go for a usb reciever design). However I do need a few people to help with this production:

- Designer, possibly slight animation
- Programmer(s), either C++ or VB or any other acceptable desktop language.

This wont be paid up front work, however i feel this program will be an investment, as the demand for media center PC's increases, a standalone simple install-and-go program, taht isnt MS' XP Media Center, which has a whole host of requirements etc, should be quite popular. And of course when we do eventually sell this package, the money will be divided equally between the people who put the work in to produce it.

I hope this can spark up some interest from some people .

Xi0s.