View Single Post
04-29-2005, 07:00 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  Site5.com - Superhosting!

Yesterday www.site5.com launched their new "superhosting" features and plans, i'm sure alot of you must have seen them by now? (Considering their adverts were all across inet properties yesterday!)

I've been looking for a new host for a while now and wondered what everyones thoughts were on site5 and their superhosting packages? I'm very impressed by their support (been in live chat about 3 times now) and they are always prompt with their replies.

The main feature of superhosting is their promise that your website will stay online in the event of a dos attack/traffic surge, regardless of the bandwidth your plan actually consists of. They have 3 tiers in place, a shared account (tier 1) then essentially what seems like a vps (dedicated server with just a few sites on) and then a fully dedicated server. If talkfreelance was dos attacked or had a huge traffic surge for whatever reason, we would be moved to tier 2 (until it returns to normal) if we didn't return to normal our site would be moved automatically to tier 3.

At the moment talkfreelance isn't big enough for a dedicated server, but I think a system like site5 are offering would be ideal. It's just over $20/month for their top end plan and this consists of other features such as multiple sites (for my other ventures) huge bandwidth, 150gb! as well as their own custom control panel

For more information on this check out their website www.site5.com