View Single Post
12-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bryan Le
Except one chooses to kill, and the other doesn't. That's what sets us apart. I wish this guy was dead, and other people. Sorry, but that doesn't put me on his level. Neither would killing him with my bare hands. Matter fact, I'd be doing a service to humanity.

But killing innocent people - now that's stooping to his level. And that ISN'T what anyone wants to do. There's a thick line between killing innocent people, and having the will to kill. It's hard to cross, you can't get the two mixed up, and you can't say they are the same.
You have a mix up with morals then. Killing in and of itself is evil. I would not kill anyone, even someone wicked like him. By killing him with your bare hands, you would choose to kill, so therefore you would be wicked. The exception are soldiers, who are told to kill and generally forced to kill with risk of treason.

Killing is the same either way. You are still affecting that person, their family, and their loved ones in the same way. Saddam was wicked, and deserved to die. But anyone who says he deserved to be tortured is sadistic. No one deserves to be tortured, and by torturing him, we're stooping down to his level.

Cole.