View Single Post
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
depiction is offline depiction
Software:

depiction is on a distinguished road

Old  Marketplace Thoughts

From the rules:

Selling or offering services on other sites other than Talkfreelance

Sellers can sell on other sites but are not allowed to mention the alternate sale in Talkfreelance, or link to it. This way you can't artificially pump up the bidding via other sites. At the end of the day if you get a better response from other sites, you sell to them, not to Talkfreelance members. You can't use other sites to fuel a bidding war here. If you do mention you have received better offers elsewhere, your thread will be removed by the staff, you could be warned and possibly go on vacation. Remember you do not have to sell here unless you have a BIN.

At all times keep your alternate offers from other sites/people anonymous.

Sorry, but it is common courtesy to let potential bidders know of current bids for the site and where they are coming from. Most forums agree with this as it improves the seller credibility. If I were I bidder I would want to know what the current highest bid is so I do not bid under it. I would also want to know where each bid came from, otherwise I might think the seller is stating fake bids in order to hike the price up.

Your stance appears that you must list your site sale with us and only us, which makes it difficult for the seller to sell their site. By posting on multiple sites, the sale gains exposure and increases the chance of the site being sold.

How do others feel about this? This is an unpractical rule that bans the use of common courtesy towards bidders. With this rule in effect I will no longer be participating in Talk Freelance.