12-08-2006, 11:57 PM
MaxS is offline MaxS
Expertise:
Software:

MaxS is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll attempt to elaborate.

Originally Posted by JamesH
The atmosphere of the market place is horrible. People know they aren't suppose to bump threads, but they do.
That's not an issue that's exclusive to the marketplace. Price restrictions would have no effect on that problem. That's something the staff has to work on.

People know that there opinion on the product for sale isn't allowed in the marketplace, but they still do it.
Once again, that problem stems from the lack of moderation.

There are tons of guys running around with horrible grammar and with no discipline that in my honest opinion is dragging down the marketplace.
First of all, I don't agree with this point. I don't know how much more blunt I have to be. This is TalkFreelance, where the average age of the members falls somewhere between 14-18.

Price flooring is not going to attract more serious freelancers or buyers. It's going to have the opposite effect.

If you want to attract a more serious audience, you need to have content that rivals the content and discussion of forums such as Sitepoint. Again, this problem isn't exclusive to the marketplace.