12-08-2006, 11:16 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett
Some guy in the marketplace, is offering 5$ coding. I think that's outragous. And should have atleast a 25$ starting.
$5 an hour, two, three, four? - How long will it take to code? This is freelancing and fair enough we set our prices but $5 and $10 templates/programming jobs really make me feel for those members. They could earn much more if we had some sort of foundation.

Bryan Le i agree with what you're saying but my main thoughts overall were that the marketplace is becomming somewhere to get some really cheap stuff, and the marketplace is becomming the most active forum.

TalkFreelance - Lets talk freelance! Let's do what the title states, i think the idea (read earlier previously) is the suggestion of charging to post a job. That may decrease activity but it will also stop the constant posts of $10 jobs/templates that really they could think again after looking at the post fee and making a more reasonable price for their work/jobs. I've probably contridicted myself here as i have a million thoughts running through my head now.. heh

I really just think staff and us members need to see how to improve the Marketplace and how to get focus back on the actual forum and not just the MPlace all the time, during the past week it hasn't been so bad because theres been competitions running and interesting posts and helpme topics been made..Which is what i think TFL needs more of..More discussion of freelancing.

Anyways i just wanted to raise my opinion if you agree or not. I do think something needs to be done about the Marketplace, maybe a seperate job listings page? Selling page? Away from the forum so it doesn't count towards member posts or show up in new posts, a reputation system or a proper bidding system for TFL MarketPlace.