View Single Post
04-16-2006, 02:17 PM
kork is offline kork
Software:

kork is on a distinguished road

Old

Funny post. I appreciate your concern about prices thinking web design is easy and cheap. But step back for a second and ask why do they possibly think it is easy? Well, because tons of kids are running their own forum sites, etc. My bosses kid just set up a clan site on a free host and it looks ugly as hell, but it works.

The real problem is that people looking to have clan sites or whatever set up are youngsters most often, much like yourself. There are cheap templates available and free services to get it set up.

As for educating clients why they should pay more? It's like trying to explain to the homeless man why he should come and eat at your hundred dollar a plate resturant rather than MacDonalds... He doesn't care, he's just looking for a meal.

To make money in this industry, You need to know who the clients are who are willing to pay $. If you're going after youngsters who have no $ and are looking at a wbsite to set up for their friends, then it will simply not work out.

That said, I commend you 100% for sticking to your guns about pricing. Keep with it and if everyone did it, the industry will only get better and better. =)