View Single Post
04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Cheers everyone, here's an update:

Project 1: Have completed initial meetings, secured the contract and initial 33% deposit. Working on the logo redesign for them. So far have spent close to 16 hours with them. Most time spent has been on communication and needs analysis, as these are top priorities in securing and keeping good clients. Give them fantastic service over and above their expectations and you have a client for life. Because I am a part time freelancer I have budgeted 3 months for this project.This is a business association that I am working with so it takes them a long time to respond.

Project 2: Completed initial meetings, secured the contract and deposit. Have provided them with their new logo, the concept was accepted on Tuesday, just waiting on colour revision acceptance. Once the logo is complete then there will be another round of meetings to further discuss the website. These are slow people to respond because they are a resource centre and everything has to be appoved across the board, so it may take some time to complete this project. Spent around 8 hours so far on this project.

Project 3: Completed initial meetings, secured the contract and deposit. Completed the logo/business card concepts and waiting on approval. Website concepts have been presented, waiting on approvals. These are also slow people to respond so it may take some time to complete this project.

I have also been having talks with three other clients, one for a personal website, one for a business website and one for an online portfolio. Two are looking pretty positive, the third is dragging the chain a bit.

"When it rains it pours!" is a saying I think of a lot now I am enjoying the fullness in my calendar and in my bank account, I am enjoying the pressure of dealing with multiple clients alongside working my normal job. I thrive on being busy, I enjoy the challenge and growing in this way.

Here's a little secret for those of you wanting to boost your positive responses from clients: after each and every meeting, whether you have the contract or not, send your client a thankyou card for the opportunitiy to present your views/concepts/contract etc. Also include a small gift on signing of the contract, the cost of the gift depends on the size of the contract. Don't give them your merchandised product as a gift (pens, mugs, mousepads etc), try to give them something personal like flowers for female clients/groups, fruit baskets etc for guys/mixed groups.