View Single Post
02-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by zprod69
Replying to you with wikkis and Latin citation!
I assume you are referring to me when you say Latin citation. I know it is in The Requiem but I have it in my signature because it is in one of my favorite songs "A Fool's Paradise" by Symphony X . About 6 years ago it was the first song I heard in the Power Metal / Progressive Metal genre, I loved it, and it opened me up to this genre of music that I had never heard before. If I hadn't heard that song I'd probally still be listening to some System of a Down crap or something since power metal gets little recognition in the US.

I guess I could be one of the rude ones, have I been rude? Maybe it was the way my art teachers taught me to criticise. When our projects were due he would put up the piece infront of the room (without mentioning the creators name) and everyone in the room would have to say atleast one good and bad thing about it. The creators name was not mentioned because he wanted his students to say what they actually felt instead of holding back their opinions if anyone was friends with the creator. We were taught not to sugarcoat anything and just say it like it is. I know some things I can say are blatant but I don't know what the line is where my criticism turns into rudeness.

Lastly if some kid wants to learn webdesign it would be best to start young and then they would have much greater knowledge then than entering later when they become an adult and have no idea where to start. If you think that having someone of that age work is exploitation just look at child labor laws. Look at your local newspaper and check out the ages they hire... most newspapers in the U.S. will hire people as young as 9 years old to deliver newspapers. Then look at the wages they recieve...not sure what it is anywhere else but when I was younger and had a few paper routes I had around 148 houses to deliver to and I would have to deliver papers to those houses 5 days a week, most holidays I didn't have to deliver, and I only recieved ~$150 a month.

Sure at the time I didn't really care because it only took around an hour a day and it was easy money for me but looking back on how much they pay you it is pure exploitation.