View Single Post
02-09-2006, 09:32 PM
flez is offline flez
Expertise:
Software:

flez is on a distinguished road

Old

Even though you were an university teacher, I think you still have some things to learn about designing for the web.

First, your images all looks very low quality. Just take the "Welcome to Ed Davin's portfolio", the one with the yellow background. This image SHOULD be saved as gif. It only has 2 colors, maybe more because of the anti-aliasing, if used as it's hard to tell, but the filesize will be greatly reduced while keeping a very good image quality.

Second, this is a PAINTER's portfolio, and a portfolio is to show the author's work. But now, it doesn't look very good due to the compression you did on the paintings' JPGs. Even if the size will be bigger, this website's goal is to show the work, so to accomplish the goal, the work should be shown properly.

At least, compared to your other work, this website has some structure and it's the same in all the pages, except the Biography page, which you should change so it does not look like it's on another site.

Originally Posted by jhmattern
Then you, more than most people here, should be even more respectful and understanding, not less. Just because someone isn't great with English, doesn't make their communication improper.
Actually, it can change a lot on how you understand what people says or what you say. My first language is French as well, and when I first visited forums, it was sometimes hard to understand and communicate in english. And it can happen that you say something that you think is correct but it may not really mean what you think it is.