02-01-2006, 09:29 PM
MattL is offline MattL
Expertise:
Software:

MattL is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to MattL

Old

Originally Posted by kork
Looks to me that in all the age profiles of almost everyone is under 18... No offence of course. Gotta start somewhere, I just didn't think a freelance forum would be populated mainly by highschool students. Therefor, Me thinks I'm in the wrong forum.

P.S. For anyone interested in how to make real money in web design, I'm tracking my freelance experiences at www.realmoneywebdesign.com

For all the lowballers out there, charge more since it's a career. None of this $10-$15/hour... it brings down the industry.

Cheers all and good luck
As with any industry, there will always be individuals who do things that bring it down which you have stated about the freelance community and people who are charging small sums per hour. But there is nothing you can do about it, other than know your abilities, your skill, and charge what you see fit for your work. Getting upset at people who are charging less than what you see is a proper price for freelance work will not solve the problem. Remember that you get what you pay for; and obviously the price a person is charging will reflect the quality of work they will produce. So I do not see any reason you should be worried about the "lowballers".